I have a small electronics gadget that I want to sell online. Is shopify a good solution?

Topics that don't fit anywhere else
Ujeneynad

I have a small electronics gadget that I want to sell online. Is shopify a good solution?

Post by Ujeneynad »

I want a small clean website that I could sell my 1 electronics gadget. Is shopify a viable solution or are there better alternatives?
Casmon

Re: I have a small electronics gadget that I want to sell online. Is shopify a good solution?

Post by Casmon »

I've been through product certifications for industrial products. Some random but not exhaustive points. IANAL!!

I do have an EE and MBA, and I've started half a dozen start-ups. Be aware that you have to balance liability against revenue expectations and estimate the maximum liability exposure you can tolerate personally/corporately. The products I've had to have certified were $1M-$2.5M each and we sold dozens so our top-line revenue easily justified the inspection effort (~$10K). And our customers demanded it anyway.

Talk to a lawyer who specializes in starting companies if you are concerned about product or company liability.

Always incorporate your company if you are concerned about liability - it protects the owner's personal assets by separating them from the company's; an LLC is usually the easiest way in the US.
Bonny21

Re: I have a small electronics gadget that I want to sell online. Is shopify a good solution?

Post by Bonny21 »

Information technologies are developing rapidly in the modern world. The amount of information is constantly increasing, for its processing, powerful laptops and other gadgets are needed. And the old ones can be sold at a bargain price at https://gadgetpickup.com/. Here you will definitely not be deceived. I personally checked. If you have any questions, write to me, I will tell you everything.
Bonny21

Post by Bonny21 »

If you have the means, consider donating your gadgets (laptops and mobile phones) rather than selling (again not recommending Cashify, find it very shady). A lot of the underprivileged kids are stuck at home without any access to online education. You might end up helping someone.
robertinio

Post by robertinio »

I am familiar with this site. I used it myself. I advise to use it too.